13,000+ Professionals to Unite, Using Cloud and Big Data Transform IT, Transform Their Businesses and Transform Their Careers
- EMC to host 13,000+ attendees at the 12th annual EMC® World Conference, May 21-24 in Las Vegas.
- The core theme, “Transform IT+Business+Yourself,” highlights this pivotal point in cloud adoption. Moving to the cloud is not enough; companies must leverage cloud technology to transform IT, and make better use of Big Data to transform business. At EMC World, attendees also will garner training, tools and necessary insights to transform their own careers.
- This comprehensive event offers more than 500 breakout sessions, more than 100 hands-on labs andexhibits from 100 leading IT companies. The conference also features EMC’s first-ever BUZZ Talks program, which provides online, real-time access to EMC executives, employees, customers and partners while covering critical topics.
- With the success of last year’s event—the world’s first geared toward data scientists— EMC will host theData Science Summit on May 23-24, exploring data science trends and practices.
- EMC World also features the second annual CIO Summit and the first Global Partner Summit, as well asMomentum 2012, the industry’s largest content management conference.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) will host more than 13,000 customers, partners, technologists, press, bloggers and analysts at its 12th annual EMC World conference. The event, designed for a global audience, will take place from May 21-24 at The Venetian in Las Vegas and focuses on the theme of IT, business and personal“Transformation.” The theme, which has driven record-breaking attendance at this year’s show, will focus on how customers can use cloud to transform IT, Big Data to transform business and tools and training designed to help attendees transform themselves.
- Key EMC and industry executives will deliver keynote presentations during the event. Joe Tucci, EMC Chairman and CEO; Pat Gelsinger, EMC President and COO of Information Infrastructure Products; and Paul Maritz, CEO of VMware will provide insight into EMC, its technology and the market. For a full list of keynotes, please visit: http://www.emcworld.com/keynotes.htm.
- As always at EMC World, the agenda is packed with more than 100 hands-on labs as well as 500 breakout sessions designed to enable attendees to further their infrastructure strategies, extract value from the cloud, capitalize on Big Data and nurture their careers.
- EMC’s first-ever BUZZ Talks online series offers provocative, inspirational, informal talks by EMC executives, model SMEs and customers. BUZZ Talks welcomes Bret Hartman, CTO of RSA, to discuss “Security and Virtualization, You Can Have it All!” and Sujal Patel, President of EMC’s Isilon storage division, to present “Big Data, Hype or Hope?” With a variety of formats and participants, BUZZ Talks offer a backstage pass to all things EMC.
- EMC’s second annual Data Science Summit is designed as a forum for industry leaders to discuss how data science has changed our future, and the trends and challenges that will define its evolution. The summit will bring together more than 500 executives and practitioners from across business, academia and the public sector to explore how data scientists can optimize teams and strategies to realize the full potential of data science. For full details visit: http://www.datascientistsummit.com/.
- Momentum, the year’s most important content management conference, will host more than 1,000 attendees to discuss transformation of infrastructure, application and business in breakout sessions and hands-on labs. The show also features the EMC IIG Services Group Genius Lab, where attendees can conduct free one-on-one consulting sessions. For full details, visit: http://www.emcworld.com/momentum.htm.
- The CIO Summit will take place May 21-22. At this exclusive, invitation-only event hosted by Howard Elias, President and Chief Operating Officer, EMC Information Infrastructure and Cloud Services, and Sanjay Mirchandani, EMC CIO and COO, Global Centers of Excellence, CIOs from a variety of industries will hear from EMC executives and CIO peers discussing how cloud computing is transforming IT, how Big Data will transform business and how to ensure trust in the cloud while transforming their organization to deliver IT as a service.
- More than 3,000 alliance and channel partners will attend the EMC Global Partner Summit, May 20-22 at The Venetian. Partners will connect with EMC executives and go-to-market teams, and learn through strategic business and technical discussions how to capture market share and expand their businesses.
Jeremy Burton, Chief Marketing Office, EMC
“Companies have largely begun their journey to the cloud—now it’s time to move the conversation to address the transformational effect cloud and Big Data are having on both IT and business. Beyond that, Big Data offers incredibly powerful potential to improve nearly every aspect of our world and lives. This year’s EMC World will present attendees with many of the insights and tools needed to transform themselves along the way, while capitalizing on these massive opportunities.”
Follow EMC World Online
- Online: To track the latest EMC World 2012 happenings visit www.emcworld.com.
- Twitter: For continuous EMC World news and event updates, follow EMC on Twitter at @EMCWorld and@EMCCorp and join the conversations using #EMCWorld.
- Facebook: To view videos of all EMC World keynotes and super sessions, like EMC on Facebook.
- Flickr: View photos of EMC World on Flickr and tag your EMC World photos with “EMC World 2012.”