The EMC online support experience has undergone a number of significant changes over the last year. This has allowed less reliance on Powerlink for end user self support. These changes have made the new support.emc.com website simpler to use, which means getting access to valuable content easier. Recently, additional functionality was added making it even easier to stay up to date with the latest from EMC.
- Subscriptions to technical and security advisory notifications
- Subscriptions to product update notifications including new content and downloads –subscriber will receive a digest of new items for a selected frequency (daily, weekly or monthly)
- Subscriptions to notifications of service requests meeting specified criteria such as product, severity and escalation level
- Ability to save, edit, remove and execute service request queries
- My Support and Live Chat – now available on the new Online Support site and no longer available on Powerlink.